KN95 Protective Face Mask
- 5-Ply Premium Quality Mask
- KN95 Filter: Filtration efficiency greater than 95% (Effectively filters greater than 95% of non-oil-based air particles such as bioaerosols (e.g. viruses), those resulting from wildfires, PM 2.5 air pollution, volcanic eruptions, etc.
- Protect Against Harmful Particles in the Air: Suitable for protection of PM2.5 particles such as: haze particles, food, chemicals, coal dust, cement dust and processing manufacturing
- 3D Breathable Structure
- Comfortable Breathing Fabric: Particle protection cotton
- Adjustable Nose Clip: Fits the face and helps prevent pollutants from leaking into the mask
- Retractable Elastic Band: Provides a snug fit on the face
- Product Standard: FFP2 / GB2626-2006 / EU149:2001 +A1:2009
Mask Frequently Asked Questions
Are all masks the same?
- Not all masks are made the same. Masks have ratings that identify how much particulate matter they filter out. The standard are masks that filter out ~95%+ of particulate matter. This includes US N95, European FFP2, China KN95, and others.
What is the difference between N95 and KN95 respirator masks?
- The American N95 standard for respirators is the equivalent of the Chinese KN95 standard. Due to the shortages in the United States as well as the number of respirators produced recently by the Chinese as they faced their own crisis, the KN95 will be much more common.
How do the N95/KN95 masks provide protection?
- The N95/KN95 mask work by filtering out any water droplets and particulates from the air that may contain contaminants. N95/KN95 masks are designed to filter out at least 95% of airborne particles greater than .3 microns. While the Covid 19 virus particle is less than .3 microns, the water droplets that are causing the spread of the disease are much larger. Studies show that a sneeze produces around 40,000 droplets ranges in size from .5 – 12 microns. (Cole & Cook, 1998; Tang et al., 2006).
What is the difference between surgical masks and N95/KN95 respirator masks?
- The surgical mask is only generally effective for helping to stop transmission of virus away from a person that is potentially infected. Surgeons use them so that their patients do not get sick from their germs. It does not provide any significant protection if worn by a doctor, nurse or surgeon from a COVID19 infected patient as it does not have the necessary filtration or fit. Surgical masks are still effective at helping to stop transmission of the disease but only if placed directly on the patient. By placing the surgical mask on the patient, the mask dramatically decreases the number of water droplet and aerosol from spreading in the air. Even if the infected patient is wearing a surgical mask, it is still advisable to wear an N95/KN95 respirator mask in order to protect oneself from an infected person.
Special Considerations and Precautions:
- Disposable Product: This is a disposable product and should be disposed of after each use.
- The use of this product is limited to respiratory protection against non-oily particles only.
- Do not use in an environment above 50 degrees celsius.
- Do not use in an environment with an oxygen content of less than 20%
- Do not use in a toxic gas environment
- Do not wear a mask if unventilated, hard-in breathing or during sleep
- Not recommended for children
- In case of any discomfort or adverse reactions during use, discontinue use immediately.
Please contact us directly for bulk purchases.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SALES ARE FINAL - No returns will be accepted for this product under any condition. By purchasing this product you are accepting our terms and conditions.